Saturday, December 10, 2011

Blog Hopping

I decided to do a little reading after seeing a post on a homesteading forum where like minded people listed their blog addresses.

The first site I visited was homesteadingstewards.com.  I have to say I am very impressed with how fast they managed to get their home built.  There were some nice pictures of the building process. 

Going back in the timeline on the blog I couldn't help but think that their situation was a lot like ours.  It took a year for them to sell their home.  We hope it doesn't take as long for us because making the payment on it and out rental is a burden. 

There was a section on the temporary housing, a FEMA trailer, shipping container, and yurt.  Sadly no pictures were included as it sounded like a good solution and I would have liked to see how they managed it.

I especially liked the section on gardening, in particular the lasagna concept.  Not many people are aware of this style gardening and in my situation it would be a good way to get rid of loads of limbs and brush.  Remember what happened the last time I tried burning brush which I believe was a major contributor to my ongoing health problems.

Overall I would have to say it would be worth your time to visit their blog and I would like to say congratulations on working towards your dreams.  Leave them a message and tell them Kan-green sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment